Wednesday, 3 March 2021
Friday, 4 December 2020
2020 has been quite a memorable year filled with both good and ugly memories. While there were moments of loneliness, the year also gave lifetime memories. My cousin got engaged and we had to travel from Delhi to Chandigarh. Amidst Corona we avoided to stay at my relative's place and thought of exploring some 5 star property on this vacation. After lot of contemplation we booked - Park Plaza Chandigarh, Zirakpur andddd .... it turned out to be one of the Worst decision ever!
"Extremely terrible experience". Thought of penning this down to ensure that no one get to experience what I faced. Stayed at this property for 2 nights (16-18Nov) and it was quite a "nightmare". In my opinion this hotel shouldn't be rated 5 star!!! We had booked Superior room but they were really unpleasant and substandard. On raising the concern we got an upgrade to Suite! I was under an impression that may be that will turn out to be better but Alas !!
Sharing below detailed experience along with couple of pics.
1. Security concerns - We were waiting for the front desk to change our room as the room allocated was quite dirty and suddenly someone came in for room freshener spray. Without knocking, the person entered into the room using the master key! Couldn't expect this from a 5 star hotel !!!
2. Stained Linens, curtains and quite pathetic carpets (looked like haven’t been dry cleaned from ages). I would have appreciate zero carpets if they can’t maintain it well.
3. Front Desk - Extremely Irresponsible people. Don’t remember the name but there was a Sardarji during the night shift. Had come back from the engagement function late at night around 1am and the gentleman was without mask (coughing continuously). Is this acceptable ?
4. Extremely slow service - During the checkout had to ask them to send someone for luggage. And I had to literally wait for 20 min. I did check if the hotel was understaffed due to Covid which they denied. If they were running at full capacity, service was extremely poor.
Apart from the above there wasn't any guarantee that the room was unoccupied for the last 24 hours.
The only feel good factor about this property is the restaurant and the food. Chef was extremely humble and we relished the breakfast to the fullest.
Just 1 call out - There are set menus as due to Covid, buffets are not functional to ensure safety for all.
*** While leaving the hotel staff did offer complimentary pastries, but that honestly can’t cover up for the enough disastrous experience we had.
Overall, it was a dreadful experience. Will never visit this place again!
Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Wednesday, 1 January 2020
With new year around the corner, we planned to experience the beautiful confluence of luxury and tranquility and decided to stay at the Summit by the Ganges Resort and Spa, Rishikesh. In the lap of nature by the banks of river Ganga, we stayed at this amazing property for 3 days and it was a sheer bliss.
|Ganga view from our balcony|
|Multi cuisine restaurant|
|Christmas and New Year decoration 💥|
|Christmas Tree 🎄🎅🎈|
|Beautiful sunrise 🌄and rafting 🏄|
|In the lap of nature 🌄|
How to reach:
For detailed review please visit: Summit by the Ganges Resort & Spa Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Ram Jhula - It is an iron suspension bridge across river Ganga and connects Sivanand Nagar of Muni ki Reti in Tehri Garhwal district to Swargashram ashram in Pauri Garhwal district.
- Lakshman Jhula - It is a suspension bridge across river Ganga and connects Tapovan in Tehri Garhwal district to Jonk in Pauri Garhwal. It is said that Hindu Lord Laksham crossed the river Ganga on jute ropes.
- Triveni Ghat - One of the biggest and most famous ghat in Rishikesh on the banks on river Ganga. It is a confluence of three sacred rivers - Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. Devotees take dip in the holy river to get rid of their sins. Devotees also perform the last rites and rituals of their loved ones on this ghat It is believed that Lord Krishna also visited this ghat after getting hurt by an arrow of Jara - a hunter.
- Rafting and White Water Rafting - One of the must do activities for adventure junkies. There are numerous rafting tour operators and different packages are listed as per the level of difficulty and distance covered. It offers a lifetime experience and creates memories for life time. The Shivpuri white water rafting is a 16 km stretch and usually gets completed in 2-3 hours.
- Cliff Jumping - Another thrilling experience for adventure lovers. One needs to ensure that appropriate safety measures are taken before the free fall (life jacket, helmet followed by guide's instruction).
- Beatles Ashram - Located on the eastern banks of river Ganga in Rishikesh. During 1960s and 1970s, it was the training center for students of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and named as the International Academy of Meditation. It gained fame as the famous rock band beatles visited there in 1968 to study meditation.
Sunday, 21 July 2019
Roseate, an urban oasis with stupendous architecture, luscious green lawns and water bodies crisscrossing the entire property. It indeed is a quintessential escape from the hectic city life and rewarded us with the much needed break ... As I strolled along the water passages, capturing moments, I almost felt entering a paradise. Sharing some detailed reviews on the property and services.
Location - National Highway 8, D Block, Samalka, New Delhi, Delhi 110037
Distance from IGI T3 (Delhi) Airport - 9Kms
Price - Starting 11,250 + taxes (vary as per dates and season), this price is for superior king room garden view
Check In - 15:00 hrs and Check Out - 11:00 hrs
Photo Gallery -
|The ROSEATE ...|
|Royal Corridors (Kalki and Saif are pictured here in Sacred Games 2)|
|Luxury at its Best!|
|The Spa - Traditional Bali|
|Artistic Restaurant ...|
|Some Food !|
With the onset of holiday season, I thought of penning down my Neemrana experience, one of the favorite weekend gateways from Delhi. Neemra...